EasyJet celebrate the opening of the easyJet maintenance hangar at Berlin Brandenburg Willy Brandt Airport (BER).
The new hangar, which started construction in September 2021, will provide easyJet with the capacity needed to ensure it can operate in the most efficient, safe and competitive way. The project was supported by the Wirtschaftsförderung Brandenburg as well as easyJet’s chosen partner MRO Facilities, who managed the design and construction to deliver market leading operational performance.
More than 100 easyJet employees will be responsible at the new facility in BER for the supervision and management of aircraft maintenance activities of the easyJet Europe-fleet, which currently comprises 135 aircraft (incl. 8 A320neo and 5 A321neo). This will further improve the efficiency of operational processes and save maintenance costs in the long term.
- Maintenance: comprehensive maintenance and repair work (light base maintenance) for aircraft of the European easyJet fleet (Austrian AOC)
- Start of construction: Autumn 2021
- Start of maintenance work: January 2023
- Location: new maintenance area of BER, south-west of Terminal 1
- Hangar size: 10,000 m², space for four Airbus A321s at the same time
- Hangar construction: Light steel construction
- Investment volume for hangar and maintenance station: approx. 20 million euros